Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Teaser Tuesdays


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!
My teasers:

"Eliza was right: the name 'Rose' was well suited to a fairy-tale princess, and certainly Rose Mountrachet enjoyed the uncommon privilege and beauty befitting the part. Sadly, though, for little Rose, the first eleven years of life had been anything but a fairy story."

~p. 236, "The Forgotten Garden" by Kate Morton

12 comments:

Caspette said...

aww poor Rose. Hopefully her life gets better. What sort of book is this?

My Teaser is here.

Have a great week.

Literature Crazy said...

Sounds sad... which can be good for a teaser.

Can you give more info about the book?

Teddyree said...

I loved this book, Kate Morton is now a favourite of mine!

Here's my Teaser

Jacqueline C. said...

I love fairy tales so this sounds good to me. Here's a link to my teaser if you want to take a peek.

Nise' said...

I hope the rest of Rose's life is better.

JoAnn said...

Well, I hope things got better for her. Kate Morton is already on my tbr list - great teaser.

Cathy said...

I purchased this book the last time Kate Morton was on B&N. She was discussing this book. Unfortunately, my book arrived damaged (returned and got a new one) and I was not able to participate in the discussion at that time. It is still in my TBR pile.

My teaser is here.

Wendi said...

What a great teaser. Now I want to know more about Rose (I've always loved that name!).

Here's my Teaser! ~ Wendi

Mari - Escape In A Book said...

I would love to know more about this book

Enjoy your reading :)

Sassy Brit @ Alternative-Read.com said...

Hi, I'm new here *waves*

A good teaser -- I really want to know why her first 11 years were that bad!

Here's mine - I hope I've done everything right! *Bites nails*
Sassy's Teaser

Julie said...

Thanks for coming by! I will have my review up in a couple of days...

Darlene said...

I can't wait for your review on this one. I've heard it's a good book. You picked a good teaser. My teaser is here.