Saturday, June 13, 2009

LibraryThing book review...
Hedge Fund Wives
by Tatiana Boncompagni

Marcy and her husband, John have moved from Chicago to the big city of New York. John is a hedge fund manager and they are in the big time (like RICH!) now. The only problem is that Marcy just doesn't fit in. She is bored, wants to go back to work, and can't stand most of the other hedge fund wives. Problems arise when John becomes distant and Marcy isn't sure why.

I read Gilding Lily (Boncompagni's 1st novel) and really enjoyed it. I didn't enjoy Hedge Fund Wives as much. It was good, just not as good as I thought it would be. Marcy is an enjoyable and likeable character, but I found little things irritating. I mean she gets a $15 million divorce settlement and she can't afford gourmet cheese??? Really? The book just didn't do it for me, not completely, anyways. It may do it for you, though!

No comments: