Sunday, August 23, 2009

Under This Unbroken Sky


LibraryThing book review
by Shandi Mitchell
Under This Unbroken Sky is the story of two families who are trying to survive as farmers. Theodore and Maria have five children; his sister Anna is married to Stefan and they have two children. Theodore arrives home after spending two years in jail for stealing his own grain. He is determined to make a good life for his family and works hard. Fate seems to have a different plan and anything that could go wrong does go wrong for these two families.

This is one sad, depressing, and dark book. It is an riveting story, but I got worn out with all the bad stuff that kept happening. AND kept happening! It just never ends, these poor people. It is a serious, dramatic, and bleak story. If you like that kind of thing, this is the book for you...not for me, however.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm still writing my review for this one, but I agree with you. All the bad got to be too much.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I was really looking forward to this book, but I'm not sure I could handle it right now.