Saturday, August 1, 2009

The Time Traveler's Wife

LibraryThing book review...
The Time Traveler's Wife
By Audrey Niffenegger

Clare meets Henry as a girl in a meadow near her home. (and naked, I might add!) Henry is a time traveler and they meet throughout her childhood. Clare grows up and "meets" Henry as an adult. They have been in love for a long time and decide to get married. Obviously, they live a very unusual life with Henry disappearing at any time.

This a lovely story and a beautiful love story. I did find the time skipping around somewhat confusing, but I tried to just let it go. The story is very sad and somewhat depressing. I really felt both Henry's and Clare's pain with the situation. I can't wait to see the movie...will be sure to bring tissues!

3 comments:

Anna said...

I've been thinking about reading this one, since the movie looks good and I generally like to read the book before seeing the movie. It does sound like a sad story.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Cathy said...

I read this book some time ago and really enjoyed it. Not sure if I will see the movie as I usually find that a book is better than the movie - and sometimes, the casting choices ruin it for me.

Darlene said...

I loved this book. I'm looking forward to the movie as well.