Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Possibility of Everything

LibraryThing book review...
The Possibility of Everything
by Hope Edelman

Hope Edelman and her husband, Uzi, are struggling with their three-year-old daughter, Maya. She has recently made friends with Dodo, an invisible playmate. He often makes her misbehave and her parents are quite concerned. (especially Mom) The family goes on vacation to Belize and while there they take Maya to see a shaman. They are hoping for some help with their daughter.

I received this book for the Early Reviewers program at LibraryThing. I probably would not have finished this book if I hadn't gotten it from LibraryThing. The author goes into tons of details about things that having nothing to do with the story of her daughter. I thought all the fuss about Maya's imaginary friend was just too much; she just sounded like a spoiled brat to me. I think Hope is just one mother who needs to learn to chill.

4 comments:

Bingo said...

Thank you for your honesty...I like that...but even better are your doggie pictures...why they would be great friends with my BOOK BUDDY on my blog. Are yours purebreds? Ours is a rescue so part dachsund and maybe a little pincher...either way, adorable doggies.

Cathy said...

I too appreciate the honest review! I hope the next book you get from LT will be more to your liking.

(Diane) Bibliophile By the Sea said...

I always appreciate honest reviews. Thanks so much!

avisannschild said...

Too bad this book wasn't to your liking. I just found your review via Florinda's (The 3'Rs Blog) and her review made me think I'd really enjoy it, so I'm all the more curious now!