Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Sunnyside Blues

LibraryThing book review...
Sunnyside Blues
bu Mary Carter

Andes is looking for a place to live and she think she has found it in a houseboat that is for rent. She meets the boat's owner, Jay and his son, Chase. They really don't hit it off at first and it looks like she might have to look for another place to live. Some unusual things happen...Jay gets arrested and Andes somehow gets stuck with Chase. Andes and Chase end up in Sunnyside, Queens and then things get really complicated...

Some parts of this book I really loved and other parts I found totally unbelievable. I really enjoyed Andes-her story and her struggles. I had a hard time believing ANYBODY would agree to take care of Chase for any length of time. He is just a mess, but I guess that is why Andes felt for him. I didn't love the ending, didn't hate it either, but it was a bit disappointing.

2 comments:

Darlene said...

I've heard varying reviews on this one. I had thought I might read it someday but I'm not in any rush.

Luanne said...

I read this one too and had a hard time believing someone would relinquish care of their son to someone they met the day before and that they would accept!