Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Tuesday Thingers


What is your favorite book? Is your favorite book listed in your LT library? If it is listed, do you have anything special in the tags or comments section? Have you looked to see if you can add any information to the Common Knowledge? AND a little off topic, do you find that your 5-starred books are consistent with your favorites, and is your favorite a 5-star rated book in your library? How have others rated your favorite book? :)

My current favorite book is Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen. I absolutely love this book and think it is great! It is in my LT library and in the comments section I wrote "one of my all-time favorite books" and I gave it 5 stars. Overall, it has a rating of 4.14 stars and has 386 reviews on LibraryThing. It is ranked #131 in popularity and 1,031 people gave it 5 stars. 7, 686 readers have this book in their LT library. I think all that is pretty interesting. If you haven't read it, you need to...A.S.A.P.!!!

5 comments:

Library Cat said...

Hi Julie,
I read this book as well and thought it was very good - although a little sad. It was interesting how the author described the care of the animals.
LibrarysCat

caite said...

Once again, just showing how badly read I am, a book I have never heard of and will have to look up!

Anonymous said...

Water for Elephantsis getting nearer to the top of my TBR pile. Great to hear another positive report!

jlshall said...

Sounds like a popular book! I remember reading reviews when it first came out, and thinking it might be something I'd enjoy. I'll have to give it a look.

Wendi said...

Great answer - I've wanted to read that book for quite some time!! :) My sister-in-law recommended it to me.

Thanks for stopping by and participating in Thingers last week! I've got the post up for this week, what do you do for your least-favorite books? ~ Wendi