Sunday, March 15, 2009

Poison Pen

LibraryThing book review...
Poison Pen by Sheila Lowe

Claudia Rose is a forensic handwriting analyst whose old friend, Lindsey Alexander, has committed suicide or did she??? Lindsey was a big whig in Public Relations. She had made lots of friends and enemies in Hollywood. Lindsey's business manager asks Claudia to prove that the suicide note hadn't been written by Lindsey, he believes she was murdered. Claudia gets some help (and some romance) from handsome detective Joel Jovanic in solving the case.

I was really looking forward to reading this book. I thought the handwriting analysis was a new and interesting angle. I thought the story moved slowly and I just didn't get into it. I am hoping the next one in the series will be better...

1 comment:

Caspette said...

I agree the idea of a forensic writer is an interesting one. Its a shame it didn't seem to pick up pace.

*fingers crossed* the next one is better.