Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Lucky One


LibraryThing book review...

The Lucky One by Nicholas Sparks

The Lucky One is about Logan Thibault, a veteran, who is returning from a tour of duty in Kuwait. While on his tour, he finds a picture of a lovely young lady. He cannot find the owner of the picture and begins to carry it with him. The photo seems to bring him luck, apparently saving him from a couple of near misses. He returns home and decides to find the lady in the picture who brought him good luck. He walks to North Carolina where he finds Beth, and there the story really begins...


This wasn't my favorite Nicholas Sparks book. I had a really hard time getting into it and finishing it. It talked a lot about war, which I found boring. The story really didn't get good until the last couple of chapters. All in all, a good read, just not a great one.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Good review Julie. I felt the same about his last book too-liked it, didn't love it. I'll definitely be reading this as I've read all of his but I think I'll wait for it from the library instead of buying it.