Monday, October 13, 2008

The Longest Trip Home

LibraryThing book review...
The Longest Trip Home by John Grogan

The Longest Trip Home is another wonderful book by author John Grogan. John takes us through his idyllic childhood into his antics as a teenager. We see his struggles with his VERY Catholic parents over religion and his struggles within himself about religion. We see him emerge as a journalist working in newspapers all over the country. He meets the girl of his dreams and starts a family (with a dog!). And, of course, he becomes a best-selling author!

Yes, the end of this book brought tears, as did his previous book, Marley and Me (which I loved). This book brought my own memories of growing up and my own struggles to become a person my parents would be proud of. Some parts made me smile, others made me thoughtful, and yes, some even made me cry. A lovely book about a loving family.

1 comment:

Darlene said...

Good review. I've seen this book around a lot. It sure sounds like a wonderful book to read.