Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Songs for the Missing


julyso's review from LibraryThing
Songs for the Missing: A Novel by Stewart O'Nan
julyso's review: "I must say, I just didn't get this book. The story was OK, the characters were hard to like, and the ending...the ending, don't even get me started on the ending! This book just wasn't my cup of tea. It just didn't tell you alot about what the characters were thinking and their reactions were rather strange/unusual to me. I cry if my dog or cat is missing....their daughter is missing and it is like they are running a campaign. O'well, no more O'Nan for me...maybe:) "Viking Adult (2008), Hardcover, 320 pages

1 comment:

Kelly said...

I kind of agree with you, no more O'Nan for me, I thought the book was okay, I figured some folks might react that way, felt sorry for the younger daughter. I just found the whole thing sort of vaguely unsettling and unsatisfying. But I decided that if it was a real life story, it probably would have an unsatisfying and vague ending, if it ended at all. I think I just like books with happy definitive endings!