Tuesday, June 17, 2008

My blog....


My name is Julie and I am a librarian at Nimitz Junior High School in Odessa, Texas. I have had kind of a rough beginning to my summer...my nephew, Nick, committed suicide on May 22, 2008. He was 21 years old. It was a huge shock to my entire family. It was very unexpected-Nick had always been a great kid. He was fun, artistic, smart, and just wonderful. I adored him. My whole family is trying to wrap our brains around this, about why he did this, and about how we go on. I thought maybe starting a book blog would be a good summer project for me, something to keep me busy. I read a lot, so I thought it would be a great place to keep track of what I have read. I also thought it would be a good place to write some of my thoughts, maybe it will help...

2 comments:

9903 Photography said...

What a great project for you and for anyone. I subscribed to your RSS Feed so that whenever you add something new I will get it.

You have inspired me to get out there this summer and start a blog of my own.

BA

Julie said...

Great-it has been a lot of fun. I am surprised you don't already have a blog...what is up with that??? Thanks for checking it out:)