Sunday, May 24, 2009

Secrets to Happiness


LibraryThing book review...
Secrets to Happiness
by Sarah Dunn

Holly Frick is having some problems...she is still in love with her ex-husband, she is sleeping with a much younger man, her best friend is having an affair, and she has adopted a sick dog. She is also having career problems, a writer, stuck writing for a kid's show. She eventually dumps the young guy and falls for someone else. This, of course, leads to a whole new set of problems for Holly. Holly finds happiness, maybe not where she (or I) expected her to find it, but she does.

I really enjoyed this book, it is lots of fun. It is funny in parts, sweet in others, and very easy to read. Holly is a likeable character, sassy sometimes and clueless other times. She is real. There were a couple of parts I didn't like (or didn't understand at the time) but, it all comes together in the end:)

5 comments:

Caspette said...

I have always admired the cover of this book in the book shop. The happy dog is so cute.

Nice review I will keep an eye out for it at the library.

Cathy said...

Nice review - that dog is really cute.

Literary Feline said...

That is the most adorable cover. :-) I am glad you enjoyed this book, Julie. It does sound good. I love it when a book comes together! Thanks for the great review.

Julie said...

Yes, I must admit...I wanted to read this book mainly because of the cover, too cute:)

Jess said...

This looks like a great read (and I love the cover). Thanks for the review!