Monday, May 18, 2009

Home Safe

LibraryThing book review...
Home Safe by Elizabeth Berg

Helen is a novelist whose husband died a year ago and she is struggling with the loss. She has been unable to write and worries about her future as a writer. She has an unmarried daughter, Tessa, who also worries her because she doesn't have a man in her life. She then finds out that her husband had withdrawn a large amount of money from their retirement account and she wonders about the man she was married to for so many years. This is Helen's story of finding her way to a new life.

I am a big-time Elizabeth Berg fan, but what a disappointment! She usually tells a story about people and I always fall in love with her story, with her people. This one, I didn't fall in love with anybody! Helen was clueless and I didn't understand anything she did. Her daughter wasn't much better. I am usually sad to finish an Elizabeth Berg book because I love them so, but this time I was sad that I wasted time reading it:(

No comments: