Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Forever Lily: An Unexpected Mother's Journey to Adoption in China

LibraryThing book review...
Forever Lily: An Unexpected Mother's Journey to Adoption in China
by Beth Nonte Russell

Beth agrees to accompany her friend, Alex, to China to bring home the baby girl she and her husband are adopting. Beth decides to go along for the adventure and it is something she can write about in her journal. Beth feels an instant connection with the baby and with all the baby girls she is leaving in China. Alex is conflicted about the baby and withdraws from the baby. Beth cares for the baby and dreams of being her mother...

I very much enjoyed the story of baby Lily and how she found her home in America. I really felt for the baby girls who are abandoned to orphanages in China. I did not understand the purpose of the dream sequences within the story, I found the story interesting, but I did not really think it fit within the story of Lily. I also did not understand Alex at all, but at least she let Lily go...to find her true mom.

1 comment:

Anna said...

Most of the reviews I've seen of this book say the same thing about the dream sequences. This one is in my TBR pile. Hopefully I'll be able to read it soon, as the story sounds intriguing.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric