Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Gilding Lily


LibraryThing book review...

Gilding Lily by Tatiana Boncompagni

Gilding Lily is the story of Lily Grace, a reporter, who is engaged to lawyer Robert Barthlomew. Lily and Robert get married, Lily becoming pregnant on their honeymoon. Lily has her baby boy, Will, and he brings her much joy. Things are going well, then Robert quits his job and everything starts to fall apart...

This is the story of how Lily finds her way through being a first-time mom, a new marriage, and finding her own place in the world. She struggles with her mother-in-law, Josephine, and tries to restart her career as a reporter. Her marriage to Robert is falling apart mainly because her husband is a spoiled mama's boy who doesn't have a backbone. Why she stays with him is beyond me.

I found this book an enjoyable, easy read. The story was good and the characters were interesting. I did get frustrated with Lily and with how much crap she put up with from her husband and her mother-in-law. She struck me as being very weak and I wanted to knock some sense into her more than once. I look forward to more from this first-time author…




2 comments:

Kelly said...

I haven't read this yet, but I'm with you, I sometimes want to reach into the pages and smack a woman, and yell, "Hey...focus here...grow a backbone, and knock it off!"

I see you're reading In The Woods. I really enjoyed that one. Happy Reading!

Julie said...

Thanks for visiting my blog:) In the Woods has taken me a while to read, hopefully I will finish this week...