Saturday, January 2, 2010

Blame


LibraryThing book review...
Blame
by Michelle Huneven
Patsy is a professor who teaches history at the local college. Patsy drinks alot and ends up killing two people after a night of heavy drinking. Patsy blacked out and remembers nothing of what happened. She goes to prison and reluctantly becomes involved in the AA group there. She does her time, gets out, and starts a new life for herself.It is difficult, but she manages to start over.

I really wanted to love this book and I started out really liking it. I had a hard time believing the man whose family she killed would forgive her so easily and start a friendship with her. Patsy was also hard to like sometimes, as was her jerk of a husband, Cal. There is a twist towards the end of the book, which I liked, but it was also rather frustrating. The ending just didn't work for me, but I liked the book....just didn't love it.

No comments: