Monday, December 14, 2009

13 1/2


LibraryThing book review...
by Nevada Barr

This book is about two brothers, one of whom kills their entire family and is known as "butcher boy". Marshall is incarcerated at age eleven and when he gets out his brother, Danny, has their family home waiting for him. Marshall becomes a architect, falls in love, and marries Polly. Polly also has her own secrets. Danny becomes a pharmacist who provides Marshall with drugs for his migraines. This is just the beginning...

I must say it....this is one of those books you wish you would have never read. I usually really like books by Nevada Barr, but this one is disappointing. The plot was pretty obvious fairly early in the book and it wasn't surprising or original. This book was really hard for me to finish and the characters are unbelievable and/or unlikeable. I actually liked the ending, however, but by that time I really didn't care!!!

No comments: